With other responsibilities coming up and being out of town for An Event Apart updates have been made to the calendar. It was my goal to have the website finished by Christmas; However, it will not be finished until mid January. The new proposed date to have everything finished by is Tuesday, January 17, 2012. The majority of the work will be done by the First Day of Winterim; However, there will still be updates that will need to made after the website is moved to the web server.
At the moment there will be a period of four weeks where both the current and new website will coexist at the same time. We will be able to do this because the new website will be residing on a different web server than the current one and it will also have a different domain name. This overlap in time will allow for the college and other people who have links going to the current website to change them to the new website.
The list of things to do
- Update the appearance of new website
- Add content that has been written to be used for testing
- Do some quick usability testing
- Make updates based upon testing
- Add Edited content to the new website
- Have an editor look at content after it is placed in new website
- Update content based upon editors comments
- Move new website to web server
- Make adjustments after moving site to the web server
- Place a redirect on old website that takes people to the new website
- Remove old website
I am glad that, I did not use an ordered list for these items. By seeing a total number of items would be very overwhelming to me. If you have not taken a look at the calendar now would be a good time to do it.