12/06 Master of Library Science and Master of Information Science, School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington (IUB).
08/9 to 05/97 Graduate Work, Department of Telecommunications (13 credit hours), Michigan State University (MSU).
Bachelor of Arts in Theatre with an emphasis in Design and Technical Production and Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Cable Production, Department of Theatre and Department of Communications, Western Michigan University.
01/10 to Present Online Adjunct Faculty – The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division, Web Design and Interactive Media Design Department, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for facilitating a meaningful learning of course competencies in the curriculum and to proactively support the online learning environment.
- Providing career education through learner-centered instruction that helps students to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace.
- Working with students to create a culture of learning that values responsibility, life-long learning, diversity, and ethics.
08/10 to 2014 Web Services Librarian – State University of New York Potsdam, Crumb Library, Potsdam, NY
- Responsible for managing the College Libraries current website and creating working relationships with campus technology staff.
- Responsible for helping to manage the variety of web services used by the library, such as Serial Solutions.
- Other responsibilities include providing reference assistance to patrons, serving as a library liaison to the Computer Science/Information Computer Technology, Theatre and Dance Departments.
04/09 to 07/10 Adjunct Instructor – School of Library and Information Science, IUB, Bloomington, IN
- Taught S603 Emerging Technologies and Libraries.
- Responsible for facilitating a meaningful learning of course competencies in the curriculum.
03/07 to 07/10 Web Producer – Indiana University Foundation, Bloomington, IN
- Responsible for maintaining the IUF websites to assure that they maintain a professional appearance by adhering to best practices in web design and programming.
- Providing leadership to help design and/or re-design user friendly interactive pieces by continually evaluating their effectiveness over time.
- Serving as a liaison to the Indiana University Student Foundation, which included technology support and teaching workshops.
09/06 to 01/07 Usability/Design Intern – Digital Library Program, IUB Herman B Wells Library, Bloomington, IN
- Conducted a comparative assessment of other graphic user interfaces and prepared a report for staff.
- Worked with a group of people to help redesign the current METS Navigator graphical user interface.
- The design of a usability study to assess paper prototypes of the METS Navigator.
09/05 to 03/07 Alternative Media Specialist – Adaptive Technology and Accessibility Centers, IUB Herman B Wells Library, Bloomington, IN
- Responsible for digitizing text documents for students and staff at multiple campuses.
- Responsible for editing text for blind students, so it could be used with a screen reading application.
- Teaching clients about the adaptive hardware and software available through the university.
06/06 to 01/07 Reference Assistant – Information Commons Undergraduate Library Services, IUB Herman B Wells Library, Bloomington, IN
- Provided reference assistance to patrons in person and virtually via email and internet messaging services.
- Participated in the libraries information literacy initiatives by teaching library instruction sessions to a variety of different classes.
05/05 to 12/05 Information Systems Librarian Intern – Monroe County Public Library, Bloomington, IN
- Developed, maintained and participated in the implementation of the Monroe County Public Library website for approximately one year.
- Worked closely with the Information Systems Librarian to help evaluate, promote, and coordinate the use of technology through the libraries website.
- Researched and implemented new technologies into both the libraries website and intranet to allow for better communication between library staff and patrons.
10/04 to 09/05 Computer Consultant – Student Technology Center Consultants, IUB Herman B Wells Library, Bloomington, IN
- Provided front-line customer service to people using student technology centers across campus.
- Provided technical support for software, hardware, and printing issues.
05/00 to 09/04 Manager – Running Fit Inc., Ann Arbor MI
- Supervised five employees.
- Researched three Point of Sale programs and made a recommendation to the owners.
- Responsible for updating the content on the Running Fit website and maintaining the sales database.
08/97 to 08/00 Media Computer Technician – North Farmington High School, Farmington Hills, MI
- Provided library instruction and computer training for both students and staff.
- Worked with staff to promote the use of technology to enhance the learning opportunities for both students and staff.
- DOS, Microsoft Windows 95, 98, XP Professional, Windows 7
- Macintosh OS
- Production – Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop
- Office Suites – Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Open Office
- Content Management Systems – Cascade Server, Collage, Drupal, LibGuides, WordPress
- Learning Management Systems – Desire 2 Learn (D2L), Blackboard, Moodle, OnCourse
- Prototyping Software – OmniGraffle, Dia
Web Programming Languages
- HTML/XHTML, HTML 5